- On March 31, 2017
- 0 Comments
There are a variety of factors to consider when choosing a hand water pump: cost, quality, customer service, where it was manufactured, product availability, warranty and the various options or accessories that are available. Let’s see how the Bison Pump compares and learn why the Bison Deep Well Hand Pump is the best Hand Pump on the market!
- When considering the cost of the hand pump, take into account the total investment, which is related to the quality and longevity of the pump. If you buy a cheap pump and it fails after a year or cannot withstand the elements of your environment, you’re forced to buy again and/or repair. The Bison has several features that set it apart from the rest AND make it a worthy investment:
- Bison’s pump and rod is made from 304 Stainless Steel. There are no parts made from aluminum or fiberglass. This is because Stainless Steel will not rust or corrode (unless contaminated by contact with carbon steel).
- Bison has (4) cylinder sizes available (1 ½”, 2”, 2 ½” and 3”) as well as (3) sizes of pipe (3/4”, 1” and 1 ¼”). Therefore, Bison’s hand pumps can produce more water per stroke by using a larger cylinder size and pipe diameter.
- Bison Pumps has a diverse line of products designed to fit a variety of well set-ups.
- Bison Pumps can customize a pump to meet your needs. Do you need the spout or handle at a different configuration? No problem. Special well adapter? No problem. Taller pump? No problem.
- The Bison Pump can pressurize your water tank up to 250 psi. The spout is threaded to accommodate a check valve for this very purpose.
- Know your physics! For a Deep Well greater than 25 feet static water level, you have to LIFT the water. A suction pump will not work. The Bison Deep Well Hand Pump can lift water from as deep as 300 feet, though keep in mind that the deeper you go, the heavier the water will be!
- Bison Pumps can accommodate pipes or wires out the top. Our friendly customer service rep will ask for the inside and outside diameter of your casing to ensure the gasket and well adapter will fit tightly, creating a contaminant-free seal.
- Bison Pumps can be used on smaller 4″ casing sizes. Bison manufactures an inline hand pump which installs in-line with your existing piping and submersible pump. Also, Bison has an 1 ½” cylinder which may fit into most well casings alongside the submersible piping.
Bison Pumps is the expert in hand pump manufacturing.